About David “StarrTouch” Anderson
David “StarrTouch” Anderson, founder of Survivor To Hero®
is a living example of how anyone can move from Survivor To Hero. Despite the odds and adverse situations he overcame and fully healed from his own life traumas which had manifested symptoms of Severe Anxiety
, Major Depression, PTSD
, and Retrograde Amnesia
. He strives to continually walk the talk
with all his programs which where inspired from his own healing and founded in the the wellness model, coaching and resilience training.
He holds a MA in Community Counseling, is a National Certified Counselor (NCC), A Certified Professional Coach (CPC), and Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT). Now David offers programs and services that empower people to turn adversity into opportunity.
- B.S. Psychology from the University of Idaho
- B.S. Communication Studies from the University of Idaho
- M.A. Community Counseling (CACREP Accredited) from the American School of Professional Psychology in Washington, DC
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) from the National Board of Certified Councelors (NBCC)
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC) from the Institute for Professional Excellence Coaching (IPEC)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with the Yoga Alliance and YRT200 Certified through Hot Yoga USA in Washington DC.
Clinical Internship Experiences Include:
- PIW (Psychiatric Institute of Washington, DC), Providing treatment in addiction recovery, trauma and mental health issues with out-patient and in-patient populations.
- Montgomery College, Providing counseling, coaching and advisement to students while additionally working with the behavioral intervention team.
Additional Clinical Graduate Training Includes:
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Trauma & Resilience
- Disaster Mental Health
- Adolescent Counseling
- Human Sexuality
- Counseling LGBT
Want to know more about David’s personal story?
Read the in-depth story click here.